I woke up this morning to a wet and driech (miserable) looking day. I turned on my faithful laptop and look what was waiting for me (apart from a bank statement!!)..........a blog award. It's from Martha at A Sense of Humor is Essential and I'm just speechless. I can't believe my little mundane, run of the mill blog could get an award. THANK YOU so much Martha. I'm still trying to take it in................................................... :)
Now I have to do the "Biggin' Me Up" bit I'm not too keen on. For one, my mind goes blank and I can never think of anything to say!
OK. 7 things about me.
1. I come from a long line of "crafty people". My Dad could rustle up anything we needed as kids. My Mum sewed our clothes when we were little and is now a scrapbooker/crocheter. My sister makes fantastic scrapbook mini books and LO and is a recipient of this award too, my brother is a very talented photographer and made brilliant model aircraft when he was younger. And not forgetting my Nana who could take Barbie home one Sunday and bring her back the next week with a whole new, knitted outfit. I love them all.
2. I always wanted to be a Personal Shopper in a big store. That way I could shop all day but spend other peoples money!!
3. I could quite easily give up work and stay at home. Some people say I would be bored but I have so much to do and or make I wouldn't have time to be bored.
4. John says I can burn a salad sandwich!! which is probably true. I'm not a very good cook.
5. Age is just a number!! I don't get it when people don't like to say how old they are. It's one of life certainties. We all get older. I AM 43!!
6. Nearly there. I worry if anyone will like what I make/do. I write this blog everyday and worry if anyone will bother to read it. I make things for other people and worry if they'll like it. I know I shouldn't but it's one of those things :(
7. And last but not least.............I've lived in Scotland longer than I've lived anywhere else and I love it. The people, the scenery and the quiet. There is only one draw back though.............I'm too far away from my family and I miss them. One day that may all change but until then I'll keep saving the airfares!!
I'm going to pass this award onto Val at Dotty Dottys Blog. She is a nurse, a wife, a mother and a very talented crafter.
Thanks for taking time to read this. I'm not going to worry if no-one does :)