Day 322 of 365
I made this cake for my friend June at work, whose 40th Birthday it is today. I had a bit of a disaster with the white chocolate as it all ended up in one place on top so I had to scoop it off with a spoon and disguise it as a pattern!!!!
It didn't last long this morning at coffee time!!!!
Family Chocolate Cake!!
125g/4 1/2oz - soft margarine
125g/4 1/2oz - caster sugar
1tbsp golden syrup
125g/4 1/2oz -self raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
FILLING & TOPPING
50g/1 3/4oz icing sugar - sieved
100g/3 1/2oz milk chocolate
a little white chocolate
1. Lightly grease two 18cm/7 inch shallow cake tins
2. Place all of the ingredients for the cake in a large mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until mixture is smooth.
3. Divide the mixture between the prepared tins and level the tops. Bake in a preheated oven, 190C/325F/Gas Mk 5, for 20 mins or until springy to the touch. Cool for a few minutes in the tins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
4. To make the filling, beat the icing sugar and butter together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Melt the milk chocolate and beat half into the icing mixture. Use the filling to sandwich the two halves together.
5. Spread the remaining melted chocolate over the top of the cake. Pipe circles of contrasting white chocolate and feather into the milk chocolate with a cocktail stick, if liked. Leave to set before serving.
Best eaten on the day you make it!! :)