· 2 tsp olive oil or you can use Fry Light
· 1 medium onion, diced
· 500g chicken goujons cut into pieces
· 50g chorizo sausage, skinned and cut into slices
· 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
· 1 red and 1 orange pepper, deseeded and sliced
· 100g green beans, trimmed and cut into short lengths
· 1 tsp ground cumin
· 1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
· ½ tsp hot chilli powder
· 150g basmati rice (or arborio rice if you like it more like a risotto)
· 750ml chicken stock, made with 1 stock cube
· ﬂaked sea salt
· freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a large, non-stick deep frying pan or sauté pan. Fry the onion over a medium-high heat for 3 minutes until they’re softened and lightly browned, stirring regularly.
Season the chicken with salt and black pepper, then add it to the pan and stir-fry with the onion for 2 minutes until lightly browned. Add the chorizo, garlic, peppers and beans and stir-fry together for 2 minutes more. Sprinkle with the spices and stir in the rice, then pour over the stock and bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring regularly, until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice and chicken are both lovely and tender.