Things to be happy and, not so happy about last week.
1. Wimbledon - Yes indeed the tennis is back. I miss most of it with being at work but I record it during the day so I can pick out the best bits later. Of course I do try and watch Sir Andy Murray play, as why wouldn't you?
2. TDF - Tour de France. I'm not a sports fan by any stretch of the imagination but I love July as you get, not only tennis, but cycling too. I can't remember the cyclist's names from one year to the next but that doesn't matter. I love the scenery and this year I even looked up how much houses cost in France, just in case we won big with the lottery on Saturday night. We didn't :0(
3. Nail. I've always had weak nails so I a few years ago I started having shellac put on. It gives them a lot more strength and stops them breaking every five minutes. I love it when it's time to get them done again. This time, the lucky colour was Red Baroness.
4. Holidays - I am really looking forward to time away. It's less than three weeks until we go and I'm already planning what to take, what to eat and where to go. Boris better hadn't change his mind or I will not be happy.
5. Choosing new patterns - My High Tea Floral is finished, as is the other little project I was working on, so I felt I was in need of a new challenge. I whizzed over to Ravelry and chose not one, not two, but three patterns by Jen Tyler at Hooks n Tales. She is an amazingly talented designer from Cape Town, South Africa. Now to purchase more wool!!
6. Salads. I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I'm actually enjoying salads at the moment. Nothing fancy, just the usual tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber and maybe a few fresh peas, but they taste sooooo good.
1. Euro 2020 (2021) - I really couldn't care less if the football is on or not. It annoys me that, in a time where we are still under restrictions and the infection rate has sky rocketed, the football takes up the first 10 minutes of the news. If you want to rattle on about who's winning, do it at the end!!
2. Change to working times - My boss asked me what hours I worked and I jokingly said "why do you want to squeeze a few more hours out of me?" She said that she didn't think the hours that Mrs W and I work between us was working very well. Surprising really as we've had the same hours for the past two and a half years. I have a feeling that she doesn't like the fact that I finish at 3pm on a Friday, which means she has to take up the slack. She wants to talk about it on Monday so I'll be telling her that I'm not happy about staying later.
Well it seems that the Happy outnumber the Not Happy so that in itself is something to be happy about.
Lets hope for a totally happy week this week.